Dr Jaya Gowrisunkur
Dr Gowrisunkur is a Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist and Staff Consultant practising at the Priory Hospital in Altrincham from Monday to Thursday and at The Priory Wellbeing Centre in Harley Street, London on Fridays.
Dr Gowrisunkur’s knowledge and expertise has led to specialist guest appearances on BBC programmes.
Clinics and Treatment Offered
Dr Gowrisunkur has daily out-patient clinics at the Priory Hospital, Altrincham where she also admits and treats in-patients and day patients. She also sees patients for individual and couple therapy.
More details of the consultation process can be found on her Clinical Approach page.
- Bi-Polar Mood Disorders
- Women’s Mental Health including Post Natal Depression
- The interface of physical and mental health issues
- Complex post traumatic states and relationship issues
- Work related stress
Presentations and Publications
Dr Gowrisunkur has written publications and attends conferences as a guest speaker where she has presented talks on issues such as:
- Organisation and development of services for complex patients
- Assessment and treatment in psychotherapy
- Management of stress at work and depressive disorders